Thursday, March 31, 2011

Is There Art in Articles?


Although I originally trained as a journalist, I consider myself a creative writer, and my scripts for theater, radio and TV outweigh my journalism in print and radio for the stretch. So, when I approached writing online articles to promote my web site I had to ask what to wear a hat.

On the surface this seems obvious, the article is the work of non-fiction, transfer information from writer to reader, and thus journalism hat should be taken out of the closet and dusted off. However, since the stupid guy that I am, I tried to inject some creativity into my articles, so that the reader will have a pleasant experience, but only an informative one.

to the analysis of the article is divided into three convenient and it's amazing how often this occurs in the structure of writing, especially in the three-act drama. Superficially this is just the beginning, middle and end. introduction with a strong hook to catch and hold the reader's attention, the middle contains a body of data that you want to transfer, and an unforgettable ending that will be remembered by readers. Within a more dramatic piece to a space to create three sub-structures within one's beginning, middle and end, but in 500 words I limit my articles, it is impractical. Instead of knowledge should be passed on as easy as possible to the voice of the writer chooses. For me, I try to write a light-hearted fashion as possible as I think it is appropriate when my case, writing is not a matter of life and death. If I write something more imports I'm sure it will tend to be more sinister.

At the end of the run my articles should be designed to encourage readers to browse my website and consider getting one of my creative writing resources and therefore I write to a standard that will let my readers know that I can write well. At the same time I can not write so well that I'm scare of potential customers. Again, my website stats show that most of my readers are American and I live in fear that is not going to understand my British English. Please let me know if I do not communicate. It's hard enough job trying to second guess your readers.

the rules imposed by the article directory sites can be daunting, and I have run foul of the few trying to be creative in the context of the article. I always try to make my style suits my content and my most successful is the writer's voice, where I passed three votes to show what could be achieved. This, it is a little different, hung on a few pending folder for a while, but I justified readers.

and in the end run it is all that matters, the opinion of the reader. If I tell you, great. If I entertain you at the same time, even better. If you decide to let me train, best of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment